Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

May's Scripture

Since January, I have working with my three year old daughter on memory verses. Each month, I write a verse on a piece of paper, alternating the color of marker for each line. (This is something I learned teaching public school; it's easier to read text on a whiteboard if the lines of writing are different colors.) This month, I chose Psalm 23:3, so my "poster" looks something like this:

He restoreth my soul.
He leadeth me in the
paths of righteousness
for his name's sake.
Psalm 23:3   

I tape the piece of paper to the back of the bedroom door, and at night, I recite the verse, and past verses, to her, letting her "do it myself" when she's ready.

Psalm 23 has six verses, and my goal is to teach her the entire psalm over six months.

How do you do scripture recitation?

No comments:

Post a Comment