Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

How to Make a Mister Seahorse Ornament

Here is a craft we made to go along with Eric Carle's book Mister Seahorse.
First, I drew an outline of a seahorse and cut it out. I used this as a template. 

I traced my template onto cardstock. For one ornament, you need two seahorses (cut out back to back because the backs will be glued together).
Next, I put the seahorses back to back and used a 1/8" hole punch to punch a hole for the cord.
My daughter and I glued one googly eye on each seahorse. (The eye goes right above the nose.)
We glued sequins all over our seahorses.
We let the sequins dry, then glued our seahorses back to back.

When the seahorses were dry, I threaded a piece of knotting cord through the hole and knotted it.
Finally, we hung our seahorse on our Christmas tree. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment