Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Kindergarten: Week 19

We started out the week by celebrating Christmas with family.

Here is a picture of my dad and Gemma playing Life. I took the college path and became a Secret Agent with a houseboat; Gemma did not go to college, and won the game.
This house used to be my grandmother's house, and this dining room table was her table. I have very fond memories of sitting around this table, laughing and playing board games with my dad, and I'm glad Gemma will get to have them too.

On the drive home, there was snow on the pass. There was a tiny bit of snow on the pass a few years ago, but Gemma was only a year and a half old and had no idea what it was or why my husband and I were forcing her to touch it. Recently, she's been asking to see snow, so she was excited to get out and play - in her pajamas and Crocs.
She and Daddy had a snowball fight...
We made a tiny snowman with penny eyes. Gemma was sooo cold, and sooo happy.
(Somewhere, there exists a photo of a similar snowman my parents and I made when I was a toddler.)

Then, right before getting back in the car, Gemma made a snow angel...
Grandma, Poppa, Daddy, Krystyna, Gemma, and I went to Disneyland. Gemma hasn't been since she was two, and she didn't remember having been, so it was like she was experiencing everything for the first time.

The park was 96% full, but the weather couldn't have nicer.
We all got colds this week. Gemma was in bed all day the day before Disneyland, and I was in bed all day the day after. We watched a lot of PBS Kids, played board games, and took long naps.

At the end of the week, we resumed practicing counting change for a dollar, and the concept clicked. Sometimes you just need to take a little break, and come back to a concept later.

No comments:

Post a Comment