Pages

Monday, April 14, 2014

Easter Week

Usually, I let my daughter choose which Bible story she wants to hear, but last night I wanted our Bible reading to be more focused.  I want her to understand the reason we celebrate Easter.


Last night (Sunday), I read to her Jesus Enters Jerusalem from Tomie dePaola's Book of Bible Stories. This is one of several Bible story-books we own.  Two things I like about this book are dePaola's illustrations, and the text is from the New International Version of the Bible (as opposed to a retelling for children - though I like those too).  Jesus Enters Jerusalem is taken from Mark 10:32-34, 11:1-10.

These are the stories I plan to read her this week:

Monday - Read With Me Bible (New International Reader's Version) - Mary Pours Perfume (John 12)

Tuesday - Read With Me Bible (New International Reader's Version) - Jesus Washes the Disciples' Feet (John 13)

Wednesday - The Jesus Storybook Bible - God to the Rescue! (The story of Passover from Exodus 3-13).  "God's people would always remember this great rescue and call it 'Passover.' But an even Greater Rescue was coming."

Thursday - The Lord's Supper

Friday - Jesus Prays at Gethsemane

Saturday - Jesus Dies On the Cross

Sunday - The Resurrection

No comments:

Post a Comment