Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

My Four Year Old Walked 6.59 Miles Today!

Today is the first weekday of my summer vacation from teaching in an L.A. public school, and it felt so so so good to be off.

I just kissed my sleepy baby girl goodnight and told her how much I enjoyed spending the day with her.

She woke up early this morning, and I told her Mommy was not ready to get up, so she could read quietly in bed. And she did. I recently ordered her some more I Can Read books, as well as a couple of phonics boxed sets, so she would have some easy books to enjoy on her own.

When I did get up, we played dolls, put together a world puzzle, and cooked breakfast.

Then, we walked 6.59 miles today (smart phones are amazing).

First, we went to a shop that sells British imports to make a Get Well goody basket for a friend who had emergency surgery yesterday.

Next, we stopped at the park, and my gregarious daughter made friends with a little boy who was happy to chase and be chased.

We came home in time to brush her hair, wash her face, and grab her tutu, before walking to the high school auditorium for her very first dance recital's dress rehearsal.

At home, my daughter fell asleep on the couch. After a short nap, I woke her up and dragged her to a cafe to meet a friend for dinner. I had a delicious kale salad with quinoa and yams and pomegranate vinaigrette, and it was so nice to catch up with my friend.

My daughter and I walked home, looking at all the flowers on the way. She soaked in a bubble bath and I washed her hair. And now she is in her jammies, and her "pajama hat," and she smells so good - like Meyer lemons.



No comments:

Post a Comment