Pages

Monday, November 16, 2015

Week in Review: Ice Skating, Pizza Making, Bagel-Factory Touring, and Shoebox Packing

1. Saturday night, my husband surprised me with a birthday cake. His band was playing at a nearby restaurant, so I took our daughter there to have dinner. He had invited some of our home(pre)school co-op friends, so the restaurant was filled with preschoolers dancing to '80s music. (My daughter dances like Seinfeld's Elaine.)

2. It was the Kirkin' of the Tartans/Scottish Heritage Week at church.
3. We went ice skating Sunday afternoon with friends. My daughter skated across the kiddie rink all by herself! We held hands and skated around the big rink until after dark. According to my phone, we ice skated 3 miles.
4. Week 9 of Classical Conversations: She did her presentation about Magic Treehouse books.
5. Our home(pre)school co-op is cooking this month, so Monday night the kids made pizzas for dinner. My daughter wanted her pizza shaped like California.
6. Tuesday, my husband took her to the Western Bagel Factory with the home(pre)school co-op. (I have no idea why she was so upset when the picture was taken - probably because they had just told her she wasn't going to be doing the actual cooking.) My husband thought the tour was excellent, and he brought me home fresh bagels - yum.
7. In ballet, they are evidently practicing a "super secret snowflake surprise" dance routine to be performed for us parents the week after next.
8. It was parent-teacher conference week all week, so I am exhausted. I had seven conferences Monday, five Tuesday, five Wednesday, five Thursday, and five today. I am thankful for a week off.

9. She practiced "Tongue-Twister" on piano, and is working on "Jolly Old Saint Nicholas."

10. We completed Charlotte's Web and started More Milly Molly Mandy. I'm already thinking about what book I want to read to her next. I'm curious about Teddy Robinson and Jenny and the Cat Club. If anyone has read these, I'd love to hear what you thought.

11. We packed our Operation Christmas Child shoebox. Here is what we included:
1)toothpaste, 2)toothbrush, 3)owl washcloth mitten, 4)Kleenex, 5)soap
6)socks, 7)coloring book, 8)pencils, 9)pencil sharpener
10)necklace, 11)bracelet, 12)hairbrush and comb, 13)headband, 14)hair accessories
15)plastic cups, 16)band-aids, 17) puzzle, 18)crayons, 19)construction paper
20)hanging wood craft kit, 21)jump rope, 22)stickers

My daughter picked out everything, which is why the box is full of Hello Kitty, Dora the Explorer, princesses, ponies, and pink things. She also put in a Christmas card and a photo.

12. She just finished lesson 226 in The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading, which means she's almost done with the book!














1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to parent and daughter for completing the Reading Guide and thinking of less fortunate children. Thanks for setting such an exemple.

    ReplyDelete