Pages

Monday, October 12, 2015

The Agriculture Building

Another favorite childhood fair memory I have is of the agriculture hall. I love walking in from the Fresno heat, to the air-conditioned building, cool enough to keep fruits and vegetables looking their best for a week and a half. I love its high ceilings and the smell of over-ripe grapes and peaches.

Sun-Maid Raisins come from Central California, where I grew up. Their exhibit shows the century-old history of Sun-Maid, including the history of the Sun-Maid Raisin girl, which, yes, fair-goers can pose as.
There was also this castle-pumpkin, carved in 6 hours by expert pumpkin carver Russ Leno.
Inside the agriculture hall at the Fresno Fair
At the Mosquito Control exhibit.
We stayed a long time at the bees. I have a special bee post coming soon... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment