Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Apple Pie

Here is the apple pie we made with the apples we picked on our apple-picking trip Saturday.
I spent an hour peeling our tiny, beautiful apples.
I'm going to tell you the filling recipe we used, but I'm also going to tell you that I'll be using a different recipe the next time I make apple pie. My husband didn't care for the nutmeg, or the pie crust. And, even after making most of the pie herself, my daughter wasn't at all interested in eating it. So, here I am with almost an entire apple pie to myself.

Anyway... our filling recipe called for 3/4 cup of sugar,
 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon,
 1/4 teaspoon salt
 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg,
2 tablespoons of flour, 
and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.

Here is my daughter making the crust...

The final steps before going in the oven...
Guess what I ate for dinner.

And salad.

1 comment:

  1. Salad and apple pie. Sounds like a good combination to me. :) Your daughter's going to be an expert pie maker when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete