Pages

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jack-o-Lantern

Here is my 3 1/2 year old's jack-o-lantern. I carved it tonight - as per her instructions. She helped by scooping out some of the seeds, which I roasted with olive oil and a little sea salt at 350 until the house smelled delicious. She also used her little butter knife to "help." My daughter wanted circle eyes, a nose like her nose, and a mouth like her mouth. This is the best I could do. I must say, this year's jack was so much easier than last year's. Last year, she wanted octagon eyes, a square nose, and a toothy smile. OCTAGON EYES!!! But Mommy did her best. Tonight, Jack was too wet to put a candle in, so I solved the problem by putting a little flashlight in a Ziplock Baggie. And now, I'm going into the kitchen for a handful of pumpkin seeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment