- Slept in until 8:30!
- Watched PBS Kids/Breakfast
- Science experiment involving citric acid, red cabbage powder, vegetable oil, etc. from science kit Christmas gift from my aunt, uncle, and cousin
- Played Opera A to Z CD while Daughter painted some wooden cut-outs Grandma got her for Christmas
- Mommy wiped paint off the floor, table, and child
- Played "Aria of the Queen of the Night" three times while Daughter danced around living room in a princess dress I made her the Halloween before last (Italian Renaissance princess, not Disney princess)
- Daughter played with pretend food, opera CD still playing, while Mommy did dishes
- Discussed gravity
- Daughter made herself a personal pizza with dough, sauce, cheese, and pepperonis for lunch
- Mommy did more dishes
- Walked to the park
- Played at park for two hours
- Came home and read to Daughter
- Daughter helped chop turnip and leeks that she dug up a few days ago, using her crinkle cut chopper, for soup
- Put frozen lasagna in oven for dinner
- Sautéed onions, garlic, olive oil, and started steaming turnip and potato in too little water
- Read another book to Daughter/burned turnip and potato
- Salvaged most of the turnip and potato while Daughter watched Wild Kratts and ate strawberries
- Combined the ingredients for my soup experiment (chicken stock, onions and garlic sautéed in olive oil with a pinch of salt, turnip, potato, chopped parsley, chopped chives, a couple of springs of thyme) and let simmer for 45 minutes. Do not do this, but this is what I did because I don't have a blender and I wasn't cooking this for anyone but me: I fished out the thyme sprigs and mashed everything with a potato masher. The texture is wrong, but the flavors are delicious.
- Daddy got home from day gig/ate lasagna
- Bathed Daughter/continued gravity discussion (Daughter not satisfied with explanation including matter and mass; read her the first paragraph of the Wikipedia page on gravitation which led to her asking, "What's spacetime?" Read to her the first paragraph of the Wikipedia page on spacetime which includes words and phrases like Euclidean space perspective, Minkowski space, and supergalactic and subatomic levels. "Are you satisfied with that answer?" "Yes." "Good.")
Monday, December 29, 2014
Vacation Entry 1
Usually I am at work on Mondays, but today I am on Winter Break and we had nowhere to be. A glorious combination.